One of the Best Jerk Chicken Spots is Opening at Mississauga's Square One Soon
Another restaurant that got its start east of the border is expanding and setting up shop in Mississauga.
And we know fans of Caribbean food will be excited to hear about it.
Roywoods, which already has two locations in Toronto, is making its way to Mississauga’s Square One.
“With our love for the local art scene and classic tunes, Roywoods stayed true to keeping the Toronto street vibe alive throughout each of our locations. We are now a spot for locals to come enjoy a Jerk Chicken sandwich or a plate of delicious Oxtail while bumpin’ some of your favourite tunes and washing it all down with your favourite Caribbean beverage,” says the joint.
With a location on Ossington, one in CityPlace and another coming to Union Station soon, this popular restaurant is opening its first location outside of the big city this winter.
Owner Regis Jay and David Isaias, with the help of Chef Donald from Jamaica, offers the best authentic Carribean dishes with a lot of different spices.
What does this joint have to offer?
Other than their classic jerk chicken plate, they have a jerk chicken sandwich (fresh coco bread bun with jerk chicken and traditional toppings like tomatoes, onions and coleslaw), shrimp (jerk spices on seafood, unusual but equally delicious), callaloo (saltfish seasoned with tomatoes, onions, scotch bonnet peppers) and a lot more.
Here’s a look at their menu (which could change):
They also have a variety of different drinks such as Ginger Beer, Tings and Grace peanut drinks.
So if you’re in the mood for some jerk chicken, perhaps a visit to Square One is in order this winter.
- Popular Caribbean jerk chicken restaurant now open at Square One in Mississauga
- Top 5 Jerk Chicken Joints in Mississauga
- Popular Toronto Chicken and Waffles joint is coming to Mississauga
- Brand New Caribbean Restaurant Open in Mississauga
- Trendy Toronto restaurant set to open new location in Square One in Mississauga
- One-year-old girl pulled from Burlington swimming pool dies in hospital
- Hamilton considers closing East Mountain street to vehicles, asks residents to weigh in
- Driver flees on foot after rollover crash with critical injuries in Mississauga
- Suspects sought after one male stabbed, another assaulted in Mississauga
- Police investigating after store robbed at knifepoint in Brampton