One-of-Kind Dr. Seuss Exhibit Coming to Square One in Mississauga
A little over a year ago, the world of high art became significantly more mainstream when Yayoi Kusama's Infinity Mirrors exhibit hit the Art Gallery of Ontario and for good reason: The visually stunning and supremely Instagrammable exhibit tapped into the modern thirst for artistic experiences that are immersive and interactive.
Now, it looks like Square One in Mississauga is getting its very own immersive exhibit—and a very nostalgic one, too.
Recently, Kilburn Live announced that it's partnering with Dr. Seuss Enterprises to create The Dr. Seuss Experience, an imaginative, interactive and immersive touring experience that's intended for viewers of all ages.
The substantial 15,000 sq. foot experience will allow attendees to journey through the legendary world of Dr. Seuss. Kilburn Live says each visually-stunning area is themed after the beloved stories—think The Cat in the Hat, Horton Hears a Who, The Lorax and more—and characters that are part of the fabric of popular culture.
"We are extremely fortunate to have been given the chance to partner with Dr. Seuss Enterprises to create this truly innovative experience," said Kilburn CEO Mark Manuel in a statement.
"Audiences yearn for great new entertainment and at Kilburn we aim to create new forms of live attractions that are compellingly different. Our entire team grew up reading Dr. Seuss and we have watched our children grow up doing the same. There was a lot of responsibility on our shoulders to represent this property properly."
Anchored by the attraction's centrepiece—an inter-connected maze inspired by Oh The Places You'll Go! comprised of thousands of suspended balloons—each room within the experience will represent a different Dr. Seuss book.
Organizers say the exhibit will also explore the social messages at the heart of so many Dr. Seuss tales.
The Dr. Seuss Experience will kick off in Mississauga on Oct. 26 in a standalone space at Square One.
After that, the exhibit will travel to multiple cities across the United States with stops in Seattle, Boston, and Houston already planned.
Tickets for the Square One engagement go on sale on Tuesday, Sept. 13. Due to anticipated demand, advance ticket registration is already open. To register for Square One tickets, click here.
- Unique grocery store closes down in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- The longest picket line ever could be coming to Mississauga this Friday
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- Here’s when a highly-anticipated breakfast and brunch restaurant will open in Mississauga
- Dr. Seuss Experience run extended at Square One in Mississauga
- World premiere of the Dr. Seuss Experience opens in Square One in Mississauga
- One-of-a-Kind Virtual Reality Experience Coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Exhibit on Neglected Black Voices in Mississauga Closes
- Could a New Entertainment Experience be Coming to Mississauga?