One-Of-A-Kind Mississauga Restaurant Launching a Food Truck
It’s time for some seriously good eats to hit the road!
Winner of the Food Network’s season two of Recipe to Riches for his famous butter chicken lasagna, Bramptonian and chef Rick Matharu is taking Rick’s Good Eats onto the streets and into the parks of Mississauga.
That’s right - Rick’s Good Eats is launching a food truck alongside its already successful restaurant.
The exceedingly creative gem sits on the Mississauga and Brampton border at 6660 Kennedy Rd (it’s actually in Mississauga) and offers an incredible array of Canadian and Punjabi fusion dishes.
Rick’s Good Eats is truly one-of-a-kind, offering extremely creative concoctions and original takes on North American staples like cheeseburgers and loaded fries.
Which dishes are going to be on the food truck menu, you ask?
Well, you can likely expect most of the Rick’s Good Eats favourites, such as the always popular butter chicken or shahi paneer loaded fries, original sandwiches like the Punjabi cheeseburger and grilled shahi paneer naan-wich, and gourmet samosas with stuffing varieties including butter chicken, jerk chicken, mac’n’cheese, and dosa.
You can also bet that there will be dessert on the menu. Matharu says that the scrumptious ras malai cheesecake and unique apple pie samosas will indeed hit the roads.
“I also want to be able to use the food truck as a way to experiment and test out new creations like Tacos (which we do in the restaurant all summer long), Parontha's (stuffed pan fried flatbreads), and anything else we feel like creating!” Matharu told insauga.com.
As for a timeline on when the food truck will launch, Matharu says that the project is still in its early stages.
“The whole idea with the food truck is to be able to take Ricks Good Eats to festivals, events, and make catering a hell of a lot easier,” said Matharu.
I, for one, can’t wait.
- Shifting Restaurant Spotlight: Rick's Good Eats
- Food Truck Eats at Celebration Square
- Popular Food Truck Opening First Brick and Mortar Restaurant in Mississauga
- Unique Toronto Food Truck Opening Brick and Mortar Restaurant in Mississauga
- Here’s What’s Happening at Final Food Truck Festival in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Mississauga council votes to oppose construction of new GTA highway
- Peel Region plans to vaccinate people in Mississauga and Brampton who are housebound
- Emergency crews responding to crash involving motorcyclist in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcomes 45 new flights with COVID-19