One more death, 41 new COVID-19 cases in Niagara Region today

By

Published October 1, 2021 at 12:07 pm

There’s been another death – two in the last two days – and 41 new COVID-19 cases reported in the Niagara Region today. That bumped the active caseload to 252 with only 22 cases resolved.

The Delta variant is proving every bit as infectious as Niagara health officials warned us at the beginning of the summer as 16 per cent of the cases are definitely Delta while the remaining 84 per cent are suspected to be the strain.

Niagara Falls continues to be the region’s leader with 68 cases followed by St Catharines at 63.

Three municipalities, Welland, Thorold and Fort Erie, all have numbers in the 20s with 29, 27 and 22 cases respectively.

The remaining seven municipalities have numbers between Pelham with one cases and Niagara-on-the-Lake with 10.

insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies

Related News

advertising