One Man Arrested, One Still at Large After Fatally Stabbing 18-Year-Old in Mississauga
Police are searching for a man suspected to be involved in a homicide incident that killed a teenager and injured another male in Mississauga.
On Saturday (October 14) at 12:51 a.m., officers responded to a disturbance call in the area of Lakeshore and Cawthra Road. Two male victims suffering from stab wounds were located and rushed to a local hospital, then later transferred to a trauma centre in Toronto.
One of the victims succumbed to his injuries and the second suffered serious but non-life threatening injuries.
On Friday, October 20, police arrested and charged Trayon Johnson (23 year-old from Mississauga) for second degree murder.
Another suspect is still on the run. Police have issued a Canada-wide arrest warrant for Richard Ireland, 18, wanted for the same charge.
Ireland is described as a white male, 5'10", 130 pounds, with brown eyes and shoulder length brown hair. It is believed he is actively evading the police.
If seen, you are asked not to approach him and instead contact police at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3205. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
- Will Brampton and Mississauga Become One City?
- Major International Retailer Files for Bankruptcy in Canada
- Brand New Grocery Store Opening in Mississauga
- Peel Police Officer Suspended After Fight With Fellow Officer in Mississauga
- This New Restaurant in Mississauga May Just be the Next Italian Hot Spot
- Police Arrest Second Man Wanted in Connection with Murder of 18-Year-Old
- Police Searching for Man Wanted for Murder in Mississauga
- Police Issue Canada-Wide Arrest Warrant for Homicide Suspect
- Police Arrest Man Wanted for Brutal Mississauga Stabbing
- Police Issue Canada-Wide Arrest Warrant for Mississauga Shooter