One injured after vehicle drives through bus shelter in Mississauga
Paramedics are on scene for a collision this afternoon.
Police were called at 4:35 p.m. after a vehicle drove through a bus shelter at the intersection of Dixie and Matheson, striking a young person.
The extent of the victim’s injuries are currently unknown.
The driver of the vehicle remained at the scene, police say.
More information to come.
UPDATE: The 10 year old victim sustained serious but not life-threatening injuries, police report.
The driver, an adult male, has been arrested for dangerous driving. He and the two other passengers in the vehicle were all cleared at the scene for injuries.
UPDATE:— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPolice) March 8, 2020
- Injuries are considered serious but non-life threatening
- Driver is an adult male
- Driver arrested for Dangerous Driving
- Two passengers in vehicle as well
- All occupants of vehicle cleared at the scene for injuries pic.twitter.com/zWkfixevOG
- Driver Sustains Life-Threatening Injuries in Crash in Mississauga
- Man Suffers Life-Threatening Injuries After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Police on Scene After Vehicle Drives into Pastry Shop in Mississauga
- Police on Scene After Pedestrian Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Driver Being Extracted From Vehicle Following Rollover Crash in Mississauga
- Province says two-way, all-day service in the works for GO Train line that runs through Mississauga
- Police investigating after body found in storage facility in Mississauga
- Take a Left for Some of the Best Restaurants and Cafés in Mississauga
- The Lost Village of Summerville
- A look at one of Mississauga’s best known--and most quaint--neighbourhoods