One death, 23 new COVID-19 cases in Niagara Region

By

Published September 28, 2021 at 12:37 pm

There was one death overnight and 23 new COVID-19 cases listed today (September 28) by the Niagara Region. That pushes the region to 430 deaths since the pandemic started in March 2020.

The Delta variant remains responsible with 18 per cent of the cases caused by it while the remaining 82 per cent are “likely” caused by it.

Niagara Falls continues to have the highest caseload with 70 while St Catharines is next with 59. Welland has 34 cases while Thorold has 21.

The remaining eight municipalities range from West Lincoln having three cases up to Fort Erie with 13.

insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies

Related News

advertising