One Dead in Fiery Vehicle Collision in Mississauga
A vehicle collision involving a suspected impaired driver has left one person dead.
The crash happened at around 1:30 a.m. near Pearson International Airport, around Silver Dart Drive and Jetliner Road, according to CP24.
Reports show that one of the vehicles burst into flames after the collision.
Peel police have the impaired driver in custody. There’s no word yet on charges.
Citizens are warned that the intersection is expected to be closed until police have finished investigating the scene.
Update on MVC on Silver Dart, Mississauga. One person deceased. MCB investigating. Media office opens at 7am. ^hr— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPoliceMedia) August 11, 2016
- Derry and Airport Road closed due to collision involving alleged impaired driver in Mississauga
- Impaired Driver Arrested After Collision at Major Mississauga Intersection
- Collision Involving Impaired Driver Shuts Down Part of Dundas in Mississauga
- Impaired Driver Involved in Collision at a Major Intersection in Mississauga
- Police investigating collision involving cyclist struck by vehicle in Mississauga
- Employee of Metro in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Three employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- OPINION: Here's what I experienced at The Credit Valley Hospital drive-thru COVID-19 assessment centre in Mississauga
- Peel Regional Police assisting OPP with investigation into shooting in Mississauga
- Mississauga votes to allow Hindu temples to temporarily broadcast hymns