One Dead Following Assault Involving a Weapon in Mississauga
An 88-year-old woman has died as a result of her injuries in an assault involving a weapon in Mississauga.
The incident occurred on Tuesday (September 3) evening in the area of Shelby Crescent and Willowbank Trail.
A 52-year-old suspect has surrendered to police at a local division.
Police stated that this is an isolated and targeted incident.
The Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau is attending the scene.
More updates to follow.
The original information provided by police stated the suspect was 62. Police have now confirmed the suspect’s age is in fact 52 and this story has been updated to reflect that.
- PICK A SIDE: What's the minimum amount to tip at a restaurant?
- Really Old School Restaurants in Mississauga
- Archaeological artifacts found at site of a proposed hotel in Mississauga
- Male arrested for swinging bat after vehicle rear ended in Mississauga
- Police searching for missing nine-year-old boy from Mississauga
- Police Responding to an Assault Involving a Weapon in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Homicide Involving Mother and Son in Mississauga
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Brutal Alleged Assault
- Police Investigating Homicide of 83 Year Old Woman in Mississauga
- UPDATED: Police Searching For Suspect Wanted For Multiple Mississauga Robberies