One Dead Following Assault Involving a Weapon in Mississauga
An 88-year-old woman has died as a result of her injuries in an assault involving a weapon in Mississauga.
The incident occurred on Tuesday (September 3) evening in the area of Shelby Crescent and Willowbank Trail.
A 52-year-old suspect has surrendered to police at a local division.
Police stated that this is an isolated and targeted incident.
The Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau is attending the scene.
More updates to follow.
The original information provided by police stated the suspect was 62. Police have now confirmed the suspect’s age is in fact 52 and this story has been updated to reflect that.
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- 5 Hidden Gem Shows at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- Hugely popular cheesecake hotspot coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Some residents and councillor furious about bridge demolition in Mississauga
- Man dies after police taser him in Mississauga
- Police Responding to an Assault Involving a Weapon in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Homicide Involving Mother and Son in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Homicide of 83 Year Old Woman in Mississauga
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Brutal Alleged Assault
- UPDATED: Police Searching For Suspect Wanted For Multiple Mississauga Robberies