One Dead Following Assault Involving a Weapon in Mississauga
An 88-year-old woman has died as a result of her injuries in an assault involving a weapon in Mississauga.
The incident occurred on Tuesday (September 3) evening in the area of Shelby Crescent and Willowbank Trail.
A 52-year-old suspect has surrendered to police at a local division.
Police stated that this is an isolated and targeted incident.
The Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau is attending the scene.
More updates to follow.
The original information provided by police stated the suspect was 62. Police have now confirmed the suspect’s age is in fact 52 and this story has been updated to reflect that.
- Brawl Breaks Out Involving Knives at an Intersection in Mississauga
- Jagmeet Singh Comments On Justin Trudeau's Picture Wearing Brownface
- Police Responding to a Robbery Involving a Gun in Mississauga
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- Large Police Presence Following Reports Of Weapon Seen In Mississauga
- Police Responding to an Assault Involving a Weapon in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Homicide Involving Mother and Son in Mississauga
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Brutal Alleged Assault
- Police Investigating Homicide of 83 Year Old Woman in Mississauga
- UPDATED: Police Searching For Suspect Wanted For Multiple Mississauga Robberies