One Dead, 14 Injured in Massive Highway Crash in Mississauga
On Sunday evening (Nov. 13), police shut down part of the 401 in Mississauga following a horrific five-vehicle crash.
The collision resulted in the death of a 27-year-old Milton man and sent 14 other people to hospital.
According to OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt, the collision took place on the eastbound side of the 401 at Winston Churchill Blvd. Shortly after the crash—which happened around 6:00 p.m., police closed the highway and diverted traffic off at Trafalgar.
The highway should remain closed until midnight.
Photos courtesy of Pascal Marchand
- Police searching for suspect of sexual assault and robbery in Mississauga
- CLOSURE: Two Pakistani restaurants closed for health violations in Mississauga
- Very Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- World premiere of huge attraction coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- PHOTOS: Several injured in multi-vehicle highway crash in Mississauga
- UPDATE: One Person Dead Following Serious Multi-Vehicle Highway Crash in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Woman Dead After Highway Collision in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Three People, Including Two Children, Transported To Hospital After Collision On Highway 401
- PHOTOS: One Man Dead After Transport Truck Crash in Mississauga