This neighbourhood in Hamilton among those with highest COVID-19 percent positivity
One area in Hamilton is among those with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates (percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in the area) in Ontario, according to recent data from Toronto-based research group ICES.
ICES listed postal code areas in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of March 7 to 13.
Of the top 50 listed, one was in Hamilton: The postal code area of L8N at 6.87% (area of Main St E and Wellington St).
It was listed as having the 48th highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario, compared to the previous week where it had the 23rd highest.
"For all Ontario residents, the overall percent positivity among those tested for COVID-19 during the week of March 7 was 3.1% (versus 2.7% the previous week)," ICES reported. "The percent positivity was lower among persons living in long-term care homes (0.2%), compared to those not living in long-term care (3.1%)."
The same data indicates that out of all of Ontario's 34 public health units, Hamilton had the fifth highest COVID-19 percent positivity (3.71%) for the week. Ontario overall was listed seventh at 3.07%.
The top 10 health units are listed above
The full data is available to read here.
- Hamilton postal code has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Four postal codes in Mississauga with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- These Mississauga postal codes have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Two Mississauga neighbourhoods among those with highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- Milton postal code has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Police won't randomly stop people or vehicles in Mississauga and Brampton
- Stay at home order extended 2 weeks and police have new powers in Brampton, Mississauga and Ontario
- Three of Ontario's worst COVID-19 hotspots are in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton face curfews, travel ban as Ford plans next COVID move
- Crews responding to house explosion and fire in Hamilton