Once Beloved Ice Cream and Dessert Hotspot Shuts Down in Mississauga
Some restaurant closings you just don't see coming.
One of Mississauga's better known dessert hotspots—and one that served as the city's only artisan gelateria—has closed its doors for good.
Port 1 Cafe & Gelateria, a cafe and gelato spot that served the Port Credit community for some time, shuttered its doors for good on Sept. 3.
The closure has dealt a bit of a blow to Mississauga's already spartan gelato scene, as Port 1 (which was featured on our Top 5 ice cream rundown) was popular for making its own ice cream in-house and offering a high-quality selection of freshly made sandwiches.
The closure is also disappointing for the lactose intolerance crowd, as Port 1 made its dairy-free gelato and sorbettos (dairy-free) using all-natural ingredients imported from Italy.
Some of their most popular gelato and sorbetto flavours included lemon, salted peanut, chocolate and red velvet. The cafe also offered made-to-order shakes and smoothies, coffee-based drinks, teas and tea lattes.
The cafe was also once home to a collection of beautiful artwork by a local community group called The Guilty Artists of Port Credit.
Port 1, you will be missed.
- Mississauga salesman enjoying big lotto win
- An employee at a Shoppers Drug Mart location in Mississauga has tested positive for COVID-19
- Police looking for 13 year old last seen in Mississauga
- The Keg is opening a brand new restaurant in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Province recommends against trick-or-treating in Mississauga