On-Trend Store Officially Open at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
If you feel like a lot has been happening at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga, you’re not wrong.
The city’s well-known indoor shopping centre—which recently underwent a multi-million dollar renovation—has just given more nostalgic shoppers a very on-trend gift.
Anyone who came of age in the 90s or early aughts probably remembers lining up at Sunrise Records—a long-standing fixture in Erin Mills Town Centre—to grab wristbands for an upcoming concert. While the process was anxiety-provoking, the memories are cherished ones.
And shoppers can relive aspects of the Sunrise experience now.
Recently, the mall announced that Sunrise—the Canadian record store that made an incredible comeback in 2017 when it announced it was eyeing defunct HMV locations—was about to open up once more.
NOW OPEN! SUNRISE RECORDS joined our store selection at Erin Mills Town Centre! Enjoy music on CD's & Vinyls, movies on DVD & Blue-ray, or games, toys, apparel, & gifts. Upper level, Hudson's Bay wing! @sunriserecords #goodmusic #movies pic.twitter.com/M8rPcK9EDv— ErinMillsTownCentre (@erinmillstown) August 16, 2019
Now, the new location—which moved to EMTC from Dufferin Mall in Toronto—is open.
Offering CDs, LPs, an exclusive coloured vinyl collection, DVDs, Blu-Rays, board games, card games, puzzles, toys, turntables, headphones, speakers, cassette players, lightboxes and more, the store offers something for pretty much everyone.
The new opening also marks the brand’s return to Mississauga, as it closed its Square One location over a year ago.
Sunrise currently operates locations across Canada and boasts stores in Brampton, Etobicoke, Hamilton and Toronto.
Will you be stopping by Sunrise soon?
- Trendy Store Moving from Toronto to Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- New decor store now open at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- Brand New Store Opening in Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- New Store Now Open in Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- New Home Goods Store Now Open at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- Province says two-way, all-day service in the works for GO Train line that runs through Mississauga
- The Lost Village of Summerville
- UPDATE: Cyclist succumbs to injuries after collision in Mississauga
- Take a Left for Some of the Best Restaurants and Cafés in Mississauga
- A look at one of Mississauga’s best known--and most quaint--neighbourhoods