Officials investigating 'suspicious fire' at Hamilton COVID-19 testing centre
Hamilton Fire is investigating after a ‘suspicious fire’ broke out overnight at St. Joseph’s Mountain COVID-19 Testing Centre at Mohawk College.
The fire, which caused minor damage, will prevent any testing from being done at the facility today (Saturday, April 17).
“The fire was quickly extinguished leaving minor smoke damage to the interior,” according to a statement from St. Joseph’s Healthcare.
“The cause of the fire is under investigation by the Hamilton Fire Department.”
Anyone who had an appointment at the facility today is asked to call 289-778-1465 or rebook online at hamiltoncovidtest.ca to be rescheduled for an appointment for today or tomorrow.
More information is expected to come as the investigation proceeds.
- VIDEO: Canada Post truck rollover leads to major delays on 401 in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Aftermath of double fatal collision in Mississauga
- Brief foot pursuit leads to arrest of Mississauga man after a pair of pharmacy robberies
- Frost advisory in effect for Mississauga, Brampton, Hamilton and Milton
- $100,000 prize for Brampton winner of Big Brother Canada