Officers Investigating Discarded Grenades Found in Mississauga
Police are continuing to investigate after a suspicious discovery was made in Mississauga.
Around 6:55 p.m. on Sunday (July 22), items described as military ordnance were located in Garcia Park, in the area of Whitehorn Avenue and Britannia Road West.
The items were determined to be two grenades manufactured sometime between 1917 and 1980, police report.
Until further analysis, it is currently unknown whether the grenades are live or inert.
Officers have thoroughly searched the area and no other items were found.
Police are seeking witnesses or anyone who may have video footage regarding these discarded items to contact them at 905-453-2121, ext. 1133.
Residents who come across suspicious objects are reminded to exercise caution, avoid contact with the object, and notify police immediately.
- Police Seeking Suspicious Man Who Photographed Little Girl at Mississauga Park
- Police on Scene After Dead Body Found in Park Area in Mississauga
- Seven Mississauga Residents Charged After Guns and Grenades Seized by Police
- Police Investigating Possibly Hazardous Object in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Suspicious Package in Mississauga