Officers Find Heroin Concealed in Spools of Thread at Mississauga Airport
That's not something you'd expect to find in something as innocent as a spool of thread.
Customs officers at Pearson International Airport recently found a batch of heroin hidden inside spools of thread from a cargo shipment, says a recent report from the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).
The search is now on as officers look for a drug trafficker in the GTA. The drugs were turned over to the RCMP for further investigation.
According to the CBSA, officers used an x-ray on the individual spools and detected anomalies in two of them. Further inspection uncovered an off-white powder, which field-tested positive for heroin.
This is seemingly not a rare occurrence, considering the 46 heroin seizures made by the CBSA in the GTA during the first half of 2016.
- CBSA Officer Found Dead at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Two Arrested After Suspected Cocaine Found in Interesting Item at Pearson Airport
- Police Hunt Suspect After Huge Amount of Drugs Found at Pearson Airport
- A Lot of Cocaine Found Under Airplane Catering Trolleys at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Largest firearm seizure on record reported at Pearson Airport in Mississauga