Off-Duty Officer and Passenger Pronounced Dead After Crash in Mississauga
Earlier today we reported that there was an early morning crash in Mississauga. Police have now released more details.
Shortly before 3 a.m. this morning, a car with three occupants was involved in single-vehicle rollover in the area of Lakeshore Road West and Avonhead Road in Mississauga.
The driver was an off-duty Peel Regional Police Officer, who was pronounced dead on the scene. One passenger within the vehicle was also pronounced deceased at the scene.
A third passenger was taken to local hospital with serious, non-life threatening injuries.
"It is with heavy hearts and deep sadness that we learn of the death of one of our fellow officers. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family, and both other families impacted by this tragic event. The flags will now fly at half-mast out of respect for our fallen friend." said Chief Jennifer Evans.
Toronto Police Service will be leading the investigation.
- Halton Police's initial investigation shows it was collision, not single-vehicle crash, that led to death of male passenger in Halton Hills
- Male pronounced dead following two-vehicle crash in Mississauga
- One person pronounced dead following three-vehicle crash in Mississauga
- UPDATED: Two Dead After Early Morning Crash in Mississauga
- Male Pronounced Dead After Vehicle Rollover Just Outside Mississauga
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Ontario pulls AstraZeneca from arms of Mississauga, Brampton reisdents over renewed fears of blood clots
- Most and least expensive homes in Mississauga
- MAYORS CHAT: Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie chats about COVID-19, vaccines and tickets - May 11, 2021
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga