Off-Duty Officer and Passenger Pronounced Dead After Crash in Mississauga
Earlier today we reported that there was an early morning crash in Mississauga. Police have now released more details.
Shortly before 3 a.m. this morning, a car with three occupants was involved in single-vehicle rollover in the area of Lakeshore Road West and Avonhead Road in Mississauga.
The driver was an off-duty Peel Regional Police Officer, who was pronounced dead on the scene. One passenger within the vehicle was also pronounced deceased at the scene.
A third passenger was taken to local hospital with serious, non-life threatening injuries.
"It is with heavy hearts and deep sadness that we learn of the death of one of our fellow officers. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family, and both other families impacted by this tragic event. The flags will now fly at half-mast out of respect for our fallen friend." said Chief Jennifer Evans.
Toronto Police Service will be leading the investigation.
- Male pronounced dead following two-vehicle crash in Mississauga
- One person pronounced dead following three-vehicle crash in Mississauga
- UPDATED: Two Dead After Early Morning Crash in Mississauga
- Male Pronounced Dead After Vehicle Rollover Just Outside Mississauga
- Man Pronounced Dead After Collision at Major Mississauga Intersection
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Special weather statement in effect for Mississauga and Brampton
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store