Oakville Transit offering free rides to kids 12 and under
Crosstown rides on the bus will soon be free for kids in Oakville.
Beginning March 1, kids 12 and under will ride for free on Oakville Transit buses.
The free pilot program is scheduled to run until December 2022. Town staff will then report to council on the program’s results.
In order to help identify the correct concession of the customer, the Town is asking that everyone obtain a PRESTO card.
Children who already have a PRESTO card are asked to continue to tap when they board the bus. The ride will be recorded as a $0 dollar fare.
There is no need to purchase a monthly child pass.
Proof of age, for child, youth or senior customers, can be requested by drivers at any time and customers should always be prepared to show their proof of age.
When a child turns 13 they will have to pay a youth fare when boarding a bus. Customers are encouraged to use a PRESTO card to pay fares.
For more information on the pilot program, visit oakvilletransit.ca/kids-12-and-under-ride-free-pilot.html.
Oakville Transit Photo
- Brampton father found guilty in severe malnutrition of his 21-month-old daughter
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- WATCH: Hamilton Police release video of Barton Street shooting
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Free Summer Scavenger Hunt happening in Hamilton