Oakville proves the sweet spot as new home for Kerr's Candy production facility
Toronto’s loss is Oakville’s sweet gain.
After more than 100 years in Toronto, Kerr’s Candy is packing up and moving to a new production facility in Oakville located at 2351 Winston Park Dr.
The popular candy company is located on Toronto District School Board land and will have to move because of the planned expansion to nearby Holy Angels Catholic School.
Kerr’s offers a wide variety of tasty treats and its popular treats include caramels, butterscotch, lollypops, Scotch Mints, Striped Mints and little strawberry candies.
They also make popular Halloween handouts, like their molasses kisses.
The move to Oakville will create new employment opportunities. The Canadian-owned company is hiring and those interested in applying can go to jobillico.com/see-company/kerr-s-candy.
KERR’S CANDY PHOTO
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- Popular breakfast and lunch restaurant opening new location in Mississauga
- Special weather statement: Heavy rainfall in Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising