Oakville Mayor to deliver State of the Town report next week
Published October 14, 2021 at 11:24 am
Oakville Mayor Rob Burton will be delivering his annual State of the Town report next week.
Residents will be able to watch the mayor deliver the annual report next Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. on Oakville.ca.
This marks Burton’s 15th time delivering the report, which outlines the town’s achievements over the last year.
It also highlights opportunities that will help them achieve council’s strategic priorities in the 2019-2022 Strategic Plan.
The Town’s Strategic Plan includes five key areas of focus:
- Livability: To be the most livable town in Canada
- Engaged Community: Foster a community environment that engages residents of all ages, abilities and background
- Accountable Government: Inspire public confidence through open, accountable and efficient delivery of government services
- Mobility: Improve town’s multi-model transportation network to support effective movement of people and goods
- Environment: Protect green space and promote environmentally sustainable practices
The Oakville Mayor also plans to highlight other accomplishments including opening Oakville’s first protected bike lanes on Speers Road, the creation of more kilometres of cycling lanes than any previous year and the timely completion of the downtown Lakeshore reconstruction project.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising