Oakville man and woman charged for shoplifting items worth over $100,000
An Oakville man and woman are among three people charged for shoplifting in a Stafford Police investigation that recovered more than $100,000 in stolen merchandise.
Project Magnet, police say, started when a woman from London was arrested for retail theft happening within city limits.
The 50-year-old woman, the investigation found, was allegedly travelling up to 1,000 kilometres daily across southwestern Ontario stealing items from stores including Best Buy, SportCheck, Shoppers Drug Mart, Indigo and Staples.
Police say the suspect was hitting anywhere from six to 10 retailers per day, six days a week.
Policed executed search warrants at homes in Oakville and London and seized her vehicle and stolen merchandise totalling over an estimated $100,000.
Jason Coish, 44, and Amanda Rich, 42, both of Oakville, and Georgia Stavrou, 50, of London, are facing numerous charges, including trafficking in stolen goods over $5,000, possession of property obtained by crime for the purpose of trafficking over $5,000 and conspiracy to commit an indictable offence.
Stratford Police say they are thankful for the assistance they received from Halton Region police, London police and the OPP during the investigation.
STRATFORD POLICE PHOTO
- Man Arrested for Allegedly Tricking Walmart into Buying Stolen Merchandise
- Two arrested in vehicle theft investigation; police seize vehicles, drugs and cash
- Three Mississauga residents charged in stolen property investigation
- Man arrested and charged in relation to drug investigation in Oakville
- Suspect from Mississauga Arrested After More Than $20K Worth of Laptops Stolen in Oakville
- Man shot in central Hamilton, street closed
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- Brampton truck driver sentenced to prison after 2019 collision that killed three
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Suspect sought after carjacking in Mississauga