Oakville extends fall loose leaf collection in certain zones
Published November 22, 2022 at 10:05 am
The Town of Oakville has extended its fall loose leaf collection in certain zones for the next two weeks.
The schedule was delayed due to the snow and freezing temperatures last week. Town equipment needed to be converted from leafing to salting for a day, delaying collection.
Schedules are subject to change due to weather conditions.
Every fall the Town of Oakville collects loose leaves from residents’ ditches and boulevards on designated days between October and December.
If the fall collection schedule is interrupted due to the early onset of winter weather then a spring loose leaf collection service will be offered on an as-required basis.
This year’s fall 2022 collection schedule has been revised. Updated revisions to the schedule include:
Revised to: November 14 to 22: Zones 4, 5, 6, 8 and A
Revised to: November 23 to 29: Zones 1, 2, 3, 7, B and C November 28 to December 2: Zones 4, 5, 6 and 8
To ensure that leaves are collected, residents are reminded to follow the Town’s loose leaf collection guidelines:
- Collection may occur any time during a scheduled week. To ensure your leaves are collected, put them out by 7 a.m. on the first day of collection in your zone.
- To help keep leaves from blowing around your neighbourhood, please do not put out leaves more than seven days before the first day of a scheduled week for your zone.
- Place all loose leaves on the boulevard or on the shoulder, not over catch basins, in bicycle lanes or in the ditches in front of your house.
- Ensure leaves are free of garbage or other yard waste materials such as brush, branches, large twigs or stones.
- Please keep leaf piles separate from any woody debris including large twigs, brush and branches. Contaminated piles or leaves that are put out after the pickup dates will not be collected.
- Bagged leave service is a separate program from the Town’s loose leaf collection service.
- Bagged leaves and yard waste are collected by Halton Region on the same day as regular garbage pickup.
For more information on your waste collection schedule, call 311 or visit the Town of Oakville website.
Residents can also contact ServiceOakville at 905-845-6601 for any further information.
insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising