Oakville driver stabbed in face, Mississauga man now charged
A man was stabbed in the face in what police are calling a road rage incident in downtown Oakville. A Mississauga man has since been arrested.
Halton Regional Police say the attack occurred just before 5 p.m. on Saturday (June 12) in the area of Lakeshore Rd. E. and Allan St. in Oakville.
Reports say the incident began when a dispute erupted between drivers of two vehicles in the area of Gairloch Gardens in Oakville.
The two drivers chased each other heading east on Lakeshore Rd. until they reached the downtown area. The two got out of their cars and began fighting when one of them pulled out a knife and stabbed the victim in the face.
The suspect then fled the scene while the victim was taken to the hospital where he was treated for his injuries.
Lakeshore Rd. in Oakville was closed for a lengthy period of time during the investigation.
Later that day police say a man went to Peel Police 11 Division where he turned himself in.
David Smallbone (35) of Mississauga has been charged with aggravated assault and assault with a weapon. He has been held in custody pending a bail hearing.
Halton Police are appealing for witnesses to this incident. Detective Mark Murray of the 2 District Criminal Investigations Bureau can be reached at 905-825-4777 ext. 2284.
- Halton Police make arrests, recover vehicles stolen from Mississauga and Oakville driveways
- Police Chase Ends in Mississauga After Bus Driver Blocks Fleeing Oakville Man
- Mississauga man arrested in relation to stabbing at Oakville park
- 'Do not approach it, please call 911': Police searching for vehicle following incident in Oakville
- Brampton teen arrested after knife pulled during Oakville shoe robbery
- The controversial aircraft built and destroyed in Mississauga
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot win went to an Ontario ticket holder
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Flood outlook currently in effect for Mississauga