Numerous Schools in Hold and Secure Following Gun-Related Threat in Mississauga
Schools are in hold and secure in Mississauga for the second time in two days due to another reported threat.
Peel police say hold and secures are in place for Stephen Lewis and Applewood Secondary schools. Other schools in the area that are also under hold and secure include Churchill Meadows, St. Faustina and St. Joan of Arc.
Police say the hold and secures were called after an anonymous threat about a gun being brought into a school was received.
Police say a call regarding the threat came in at 11:36.
Updates to follow.
Hold and Secure for Stephen Lewis / Applewood PSS. Schools in the area also on hold are Churchill Meadows— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPoliceMedia) December 4, 2018
St Faustina CES
St Joan of Arc CS#Mississauga
Call received at 1136 am
Anonymous threat that a gun was going to be brought to school.
UPDATE: Police say the hold and secures have been lifted.
- Multiple Schools in Hold and Secure Due to Police Investigation in Mississauga
- Two Schools Under Hold and Secure Due to Police Investigation in Mississauga
- One School in Lockdown and Others in Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- Mississauga School and Daycare in Hold and Secure Due to Online Threat
- More Schools Under Hold and Secure Due to Gun-Related Incident in Mississauga
- Body found after lengthy search and rescue effort in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police attempt water rescue in Mississauga's Credit River
- Teenage driver crashes into pole in Mississauga while allegedly evading police
- Peel police report four drug-related deaths in 24 hours
- Bonnie Crombie urges patience as cases climb and hospitalization rates remain high in Mississauga