Number of online job postings still below last year’s levels
With the number of new COVID-19 cases continuing to climb, many businesses are still struggling due to additional restrictions, and many Canadians are still out of work.
Despite the fact there's been a significant increase in the number of businesses permitted to open since the initial closures during the first wave of the pandemic, the number of online job postings are still down compared to last year.
As of December 4, according to Indeed, the number of online job postings were down five per cent year-over-year.
Additionally, over the last month, job postings have continued to improve compared to last year's trend across most sectors--some jobs, such as nursing, and loading and stocking, have exceeded their year-over-year numbers.
However, several sectors continue to see poor numbers of postings due to the pandemic, including food preparation and service, sports, and well as aviation.
- How Dundas & Hurontario Looked Back in the Day
- Ontario ticket holder claims $1 million Maxmillion prize
- Ontario sees signficiant drop in new COVID-19 cases today, Peel Region numbers remain steady
- Top 5 Chicken on the Rocks in Mississauga
- Here’s what you need to know about the Province’s stay-at-home order