Number of issued COVID-19 tickets in Mississauga down from earlier this year
A group of 20 allegedly playing soccer in a restricted area in the Paramount Sportsplex fields last Saturday were issued a $360 ticket by Mississauga enforcement officers, but that seems to be a rarer and rarer occurrence in the city of late.
A City of Mississauga enforcement report shows the number of COVID-19 tickets being handed out is down from earlier this year.
Just two rule violation tickets were issued between the week of March 15 to March 21. That’s down a fair bit from the 25 that were written near the end of February, according to a city enforcement report.
The total of notices of contravention issued were also down from the previous week. There were 15 of the warnings to change behaviour handed out, down from 21 issued March 15-21.
The report notes a total of 886 COVID-19 related tickets and fines have been handed out in Mississauga between March 30,2020 and March 21, 2021.
Currently in the grey zone, outdoor social gatherings in the city are capped at 10 people. While indoor gatherings at restaurants in Mississauga aren’t allowed, starting March 20 they will be able to serve food to customers on patios under Ontario’s modified grey-zone rules.
PARAMOUNT FINE FOODS PHOTO
- Over 20 tickets issued for illegal gatherings, one ticket issued to a “non-essential” nail salon in Mississauga
- 4 restaurants in Mississauga issued tickets, one for $10,000, for violation Reopening Ontario Act
- Here’s how many charges were issued for gatherings over the Easter long weekend in Mississauga
- Dozens of tickets for private gatherings handed out this weekend in Mississauga
- No tickets issued this past week in Mississauga for violating COVID-19 restrictions
- Ontario asking feds to ensure that Mississauga and Ontario residents with mixed doses can travel abroad
- One year old girl pulled from backyard pool without vital signs in Burlington
- Oldest theatre in Mississauga is closing permanently
- Metrolinx expanding GO train service in Hamilton
- Arrest follows armed robbery of retail location in Brampton earlier this month