NORAD fighter jets performing training activities over GTA airspace
If you happen to hear loud noises coming from above and look up and see fighter jets, there's no reason to be worried.
The North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) announced pilots from the Royal Canadian Air Force and the U.S. Air Force will be performing training exercises over GTA airspace in a series of tweets.
Activities are scheduled for Thursday, July 30, and training exercises will be performed by CF-18s and F-16s
"Pilots will practice response procedures in high-density airspace and the public may see or hear," NORAD said in a tweet published Wednesday.
According to NORAD, the training exercises are intended to allow forces to remain ready to respond to threats anywhere in North America--they have nothing to do with the pandemic or COVID-19.
- Canadian Armed Forces conducting training in Hamilton this weekend
- NHL player creates virtual training program for hockey players currently unable to practice
- New Bill would require judges to undergo training in sexual assault law
- Federal government approves NHL training camps, but provinces must make call on games
- Free Job Skills Training Coming to Ontario
- Provinces full vaccination target may be hard to reach in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario
- MAYORS CHAT: Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown chats COVID-19, outdoor activities, vaccines for children – May 14, 2021
- OPINION: It’s time for Doug Ford to stop deflecting and work towards reopening Brampton, Mississauga and Ontario
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at Mississauga secondary school
- One Mississauga postal code rises to 22% COVID-19 positivity rate