NORAD fighter jets performing training activities over GTA airspace
If you happen to hear loud noises coming from above and look up and see fighter jets, there's no reason to be worried.
The North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) announced pilots from the Royal Canadian Air Force and the U.S. Air Force will be performing training exercises over GTA airspace in a series of tweets.
Activities are scheduled for Thursday, July 30, and training exercises will be performed by CF-18s and F-16s
"Pilots will practice response procedures in high-density airspace and the public may see or hear," NORAD said in a tweet published Wednesday.
According to NORAD, the training exercises are intended to allow forces to remain ready to respond to threats anywhere in North America--they have nothing to do with the pandemic or COVID-19.
- New Bill would require judges to undergo training in sexual assault law
- With workers at home, feds eyeing ways to fast-track training program for out-of-work Canadians
- Free Job Skills Training Coming to Ontario
- Ontario sports teams are getting back to work as training facilities re-open
- Commons gives approval in principle to judges’ sexual assault training bill
- Mississauga man still shocked over big lotto win
- Police responding to reports of man in crisis in Mississauga
- Employees at Mississauga Shoppers Drug Mart test positive for COVID-19
- Residential driveways being targeted for vehicle thefts in Mississauga: Police
- Check if Your Street Has Been Snow Plowed in Mississauga