NORAD fighter jets performing training activities over GTA airspace
If you happen to hear loud noises coming from above and look up and see fighter jets, there's no reason to be worried.
The North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) announced pilots from the Royal Canadian Air Force and the U.S. Air Force will be performing training exercises over GTA airspace in a series of tweets.
Activities are scheduled for Thursday, July 30, and training exercises will be performed by CF-18s and F-16s
"Pilots will practice response procedures in high-density airspace and the public may see or hear," NORAD said in a tweet published Wednesday.
According to NORAD, the training exercises are intended to allow forces to remain ready to respond to threats anywhere in North America--they have nothing to do with the pandemic or COVID-19.
- New Bill would require judges to undergo training in sexual assault law
- With workers at home, feds eyeing ways to fast-track training program for out-of-work Canadians
- Free Job Skills Training Coming to Ontario
- Ontario sports teams are getting back to work as training facilities re-open
- Game On: Training camps open as NHL takes next step in plan to resume season
- House of the Week: $4.8 mil mansion with glorious wine cellar
- Two Mississauga students awarded scholarships from Walmart
- Elementary school classes set to be reorganized in Mississauga
- City issuing big tickets at private gatherings in Mississauga this weekend
- Police responding for female pedestrian struck by vehicle in Mississauga