‘Nice way to end the pandemic,’ says Hamilton lotto winner
A Hamilton woman is $100,000 richer after winning big this spring in the lotto.
OLG said in a press release that saying 'yes' to Encore paid off big time for Hamilton's Cheryl Saunders after she matched the last six of seven Encore numbers in exact order in the March 6 Lottario draw for the win.
“I always play Quick Pick and Encore,” Saunders, an executive assistant who is a regular lottery player, said in the release.
Of her win, Saunders said she saw a lot of zeroes while checking her ticket at the store.
“I still didn’t realize how much I won,” she said.
“I put the ticket back in my purse and decided to check it again at home. I checked the ticket with my husband using the OLG Lottery App and that’s when I realized there really was that many zeroes.”
Saunders said she has no plans for her windfall yet.
“This win feels good and it’s a nice way to end the pandemic,” she said.
The winning ticket was purchased at Mac’s on Limeridge Road on the Mountain.
- One year old girl pulled from backyard pool without vital signs in Burlington
- Oldest theatre in Mississauga is closing permanently
- The controversial aircraft built and destroyed in Mississauga
- $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot win went to an Ontario ticket holder
- Police responding to males trying to jump from bridge into Credit River in Mississauga