Niagara Region sees 55 new COVID-19 cases over the weekend

By

Published October 4, 2021 at 9:59 am

Another busy weekend in Niagara Region with another 55 new COVID-19 cases – 24 on Saturday (October 2) and 31 on Sunday.

Once again, the Delta variant is carving its way through the region with 14 per cent of the cases being the strain and the remaining 86 per cent quite “likely” Delta.

Niagara Falls continues to be the hardest hit with 76 existing cases followed by St Catharines with 60.

Three municipalities are in the 20s for caseloads – Welland has 29, Thorold at 27 and Fort Erie next with 26.

The remaining seven municipalities are running between Pelham at zero cases and Niagara-on-the-Lake with 10.

insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies

Related News

advertising