Niagara Region sees 33 new COVID-19 cases today with active cases at 273

By

Published September 21, 2021 at 1:13 pm

While Niagara Region saw 33 new cases of COVID-19 today (September 21), with 43 existing cases resolved, the region’s active cases dropped slightly to 273.

As has been the case for over a month now, the Delta variant is the source as 17 per cent are confirmed to be the strain with the remaining 83 per cent “likely” to be.

Again, Niagara Falls is the leading municipality with 80 cases, followed closely by St Catharines with 74. Welland is showing 31 while Thorold has 20.

West Lincoln has zero cases – the first municipality with that number in over three weeks. The remaining seven municipalities have between four and 14 cases.

insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies

Related News

advertising