Niagara Region sees 29 new COVID-19 cases today

By

Published September 23, 2021 at 1:21 pm

Niagara Region sees 29 new COVID-19 cases today

About the only positive with COVID-19 cases in the Niagara Region – for today, anyway – is that at least they’re getting resolved faster than they’re coming in.

While the region saw 29 new cases today, another 40 were resolved, dropping the active cases to 247.

Once again, the Delta variant is the sole cause, responsible for 15 per cent of Niagara’s cases and “likely” to be the cause of the other 85 per cent.

Niagara Falls continues to have the highest caseload with 69 while St Catharines is next behind that with 57. Welland is next with 34 cases while Thorold has 18.

The remaining eight municipalities fall somewhere between West Lincoln with zero cases and Fort Erie with 14.

insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies

Related News

advertising