Niagara Region sees 25 new COVID-19 cases today


Published October 14, 2021 at 1:09 pm

Niagara Region sees 25 new COVID-19 cases today

After new Niagara Region COVID-19 case numbers dropped as low as 10 yesterday, today (October 14) saw them jump right back up to 25.

But with 27 cases resolved, the existing cases dipped to 179, the lowest they’ve been since August – or rather, before the Delta variant hit Niagara.

And that particular strain continues to be the nasty one in Niagara as 12 per cent of all cases were Delta and the remaining 88 per cent “likely” to be it.

St Catharines continues on top of the caseloads as 53 residents have it followed by Niagara Falls at 26. Welland, Grimsby, Thorold and Fort Erie trail with 21, 19, 16 and 12 cases respectively.

The remaining six municipalities range from one case in Pelham up to nine cases in West Lincoln.

insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising