Niagara Region has 26 new COVID-19 cases today

By

Published September 24, 2021 at 12:58 pm

Coronavirus - 2019-nCoV, WUHAN virus concept. 3D Rendering of coronavirus. 3D Illustration

There were 26 news cases of COVID-19 today (September 24) in the Niagara Region but 40 resolved cases left the area hovering at 247 still with the virus.

As has been the situation for a few months now – and was forewarned by Dr. Mustafa Hirji, Niagara’s Acting Medical Officer of Health for just as long – the Delta variant continues to dominate, accounting for 15 per cent of the cases and the likeliest cause of the remaining 85 per cent.

Niagara Falls and St Catharines remain the caseload leaders with 69 and 57 cases respectively while Welland accounts for 34 and Thorold has 18.

The remaining eight municipalities range from zero cases in West Lincoln up to 14 cases in Fort Erie.

insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies

Related News

advertising