Niagara Region has 11 new COVID-19 cases today, a big drop from yesterday

By

Published October 15, 2021 at 12:46 pm

Niagara Region has 11 new COVID-19 cases today, a big drop from yesterday

In the Niagara Region, there doesn’t seem to be much consistency in the new COVID-19 cases being posted daily as the numbers rise and fall like the stock market.

Two days ago (October 13), there were just 10 new cases reported – the lowest number since August – which then jumped to 25 new cases yesterday. Today, it’s right back down to 11 new cases.

But with 25 cases resolved, it dropped the Niagara-wide exist ing cases to 164, also the lowest number in a couple of months.

As has been the case for over two months, it’s the Delta variant cutting its swath through the region, accounting for 11.5 per cent of the cases while the remaining 88.5 per cent are “likely” to be the strain.

St Catharines continues to be the municipality with the most cases with 52 followed by Niagara Falls at 22. After that, Grimsby has 20 cases, Welland has 18 and both Thorold and Fort Erie have 11 apiece.

The remaining six municipalities range from one case in Pelham up to eight cases in West Lincoln.

insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies

Related News

advertising