Niagara Region drops to just 44 active COVID-19 cases

By

Published July 21, 2021 at 8:35 pm

niagara_health_system_fin_02

While Niagara Regional Health may have been a little slow posting the new COVID-19 cases today (traditionally the numbers are available by noon), the news is certainly good.

Only two new cases were reported today (July 21) while the region dropped to just 44 active cases, the lowest in 2021, as 10 more cases were resolved.

There was one curious number posted today. While 80 per cent of the existing cases are confirmed or suspected to be the Delta variant, the remaining 20 per cent were listed as “unknown/other variant.”

insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies

Related News

advertising