Niagara Region drops below 200 active COVID-19 cases for the first time since mid-August

By

Published October 12, 2021 at 3:50 pm

For the first time since mid-August, Niagara Region has less than 200 active cases of COVID-19.

While there were 15 new cases reported today, 29 cases were resolved, dropping the region to 188 active cases.

The Delta variant continues its path through Niagara with 12 per cent of the cases and “likely” the case of the remaining 88 per cent.

St Catharines continues to be the top municipality with 43 cases, followed by Niagara Falls with 31. Welland, Grimsby, Thorold and Fort Erie are showing with 24, 20, 19 and 15 cases respectively.

The remaining six municipalities see a range from two cases in Pelham up to 10 cases in West Lincoln.

insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies

Related News

advertising