Niagara-on-the-Lake launches app to get building permits online
Published April 21, 2023 at 10:10 am
For people looking to build an addition onto their house right up to contractors looking to build that home, Niagara-on-the-Lake has taken the trudging into Town Hall out of the picture for anyone seeking a building permit.
The Town has launched an online application process that makes getting a building permit something people can now do from their phones and laptops at home.
Called Cloudpermit, the new app became a reality after the Town received a $122,366 grant for Municipal Modernization Program Intake, of which $35,000 was allocated to e-permitting software.
“Moving municipal building permits online will provide effective support and enhanced customer service to our community,” stated Lord Mayor Gary Zalepa.
The Town said the benefits to using the Cloudpermit software include:
- Online submissions of all documents and payments via debit or credit card
- Submissions can be made from any place at any time
- Documents are uploaded electronically, reducing printing costs
- Services can be completed remotely, decreasing or eliminating travel time to and from the Town Administrative Building
- Ability to track several permits at once
- Inspection scheduling and results are received electronically and in real-time
- Availability of approved plans online
- Building projects in multiple municipalities can be viewed and maintained on one ‘dashboard’
- Ability to start an application and return to finish the application at another time
“This is another modernization initiative the Town has implemented to improve efficiencies and deliver a high standard of customer service,” said CAO Marnie Cluckie.
Builders looking for more information about Cloudpermit can visit the Town’s website HERE.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising