Niagara Falls working on music strategy, seeks to become Entertainment Capital of Canada
Published February 2, 2023 at 11:40 am
Move aside, Vancouver (a.k.a. Hollywood North) because Niagara Falls is looking to become the new “Entertainment Capital of Canada.”
Recognizing it’s already the Tourism Capital of Canada, the city says Niagara Falls is now working to develop a “Music City Strategy” to help develop Niagara Falls’ identity and vision as the number one entertainment destination.
“The music sector in Niagara Falls makes significant contributions to the social and economic fabric of the City by providing a vehicle for cross-cultural expression, creating jobs, encouraging tourism, and strengthening the City’s brand,” said the city.
“However, supporting and developing the music economy requires a comprehensive understanding of its value to the City of Niagara Falls. As Niagara Falls looks to better leverage its music and cultural economy, it is necessary to assess the current state of affairs and ensure that a well-designed strategy is in place to fully optimize the power of music as both a cultural asset and an economic engine.”
To that end, their Music City Strategy sees the city working in tandem with Sound Diplomacy, a global research and strategy consultancy committed to building and supporting sustainable ecosystems that bring economic development to people, places and cities.
They recently released a survey that Sound Diplomacy will analyze “to help them make informed decisions to stimulate economic, social and cultural growth.”
The objectives of the Music strategy include the following:
- Develop Niagara Falls’ identity and vision as the Entertainment Capital of Canada.
- Drive tourism receipts through music tourism.
- Cultivate a sense of ownership of the music ecosystem by working with the local community.
- Discover what music assets Niagara Falls currently has and what it is lacking by mapping the City’s music ecosystem and creating a set of regional, national and international benchmarks to measure it against.
- Formalize music in Niagara Falls by developing a comprehensive framework of strategies and best practices.
- Grow music tourism by improving the City’s music offering and associated promotion strategy.
- Create a sense of community by bringing the Niagara Falls music industry together.
As part of the Music City Strategy, the city and Sound Diplomacy “are reaching out to the local music ecosystem, including businesses, organizations, creatives, and consumers of local music.”
The survey takes less than 10 minutes and can be found HERE.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising