Niagara Region has one death and sees 45 new cases of COVID-19 today

By

Published September 29, 2021 at 12:46 pm

The Niagara Region saw one death and 45 news cases of COVID-19 today (September 29), the highest number since it hit 55 on September 5.

That makes today the second highest new cases of the month. In fact, you’d have to go back to June 27 when there were 56 new cases to beat September’s highest.

Once again, the Delta variant is the universal cause with 19 per cent being identified as it while the other 81 per cent is deemed “likely” to be Delta.

Niagara Falls continues to have the leading caseload with 67 followed by St Catharines with 59. Welland accounts for 33 of the existing cases while Thorold has 21.

The remaining eight municipalities range from West Lincoln, Grimsby and Lincoln, all with four up to Fort Erie at 16.

insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies

Related News

advertising