Niagara branching out to help residents clean up their yards
Published November 1, 2022 at 2:14 pm
“Pick-Up-Sticks” has begun in Niagara Region. However, it’s not the childhood game but rather the yard-cleaning game that happens every spring and autumn.
Starting yesterday (October 31) and running for four weeks until November 25, the region has begun it curbside branch collection to all residents living in single family homes and apartments with six units or less.
When setting out branches for collection, it is important to remember:
- Branches must be tied in bundles with twine
- Maximum weight of bundle = 22.7 kg (50 lbs.)
- Maximum size of bundle = 1.5 m (5 ft.) in length and 0.5 m (1.6 ft.) in diameter
- Individual branches inside of the bundle must not exceed 7 cm (2.8 in.) in diameter
- Branches must be at the curb by 7 a.m. on your regular collection day, or placed out the night before after 5 p.m.
- During the weeks of fall branch collection, branches and leaf and yard waste are often collected separately from Green Bin material