Newly-revamped children’s space opens at Mississauga hospital
No one likes it when children get sick, but a Mississauga hospital is making doctor's appointments a little less stressful for children.
Recently, Trillium Health Partners (THP) and The Smilezone Foundation celebrated the grand opening of THP's first-ever Smilezone at the Colonel Harland Sanders Family Care Centre at Mississauga Hospital.
Donated by the Smilezone Foundation in partnership with Deloitte Canada, the newly revitalized space includes colourful murals, a sensory table, iPad stations, interactive toys and a TV.
"We are incredibly grateful for this vibrant and engaging make-over of our Family Care Centre," said Deb Carson, vice president, Patient Care Services, Trillium Health Partners, in a statement.
"By creating a welcoming and playful space for our youngest patients, we are helping to enhance the experience for both children and their families who require our services."
THP says the Colonel Harland Sanders Family Care Centre at Mississauga Hospital offers a wide range of women’s and children’s services, including specialized paediatric clinics for diabetes, neurology and asthma patients.
Families, caregivers and children who visit can now enjoy an underwater-themed playroom as they await their appointment or procedure.
"Smilezone Foundation is delighted with the bright and fun Smilezone at Trillium Health Partners. We are pleased that this new space will bring smiles to children and families for years to come" said Scott Bachly, co-founder of Smilezone Foundation.
Photos courtesy of THP
- An employee of a Real Canadian Superstore in Mississauga has contracted COVID-19
- Mississauga home prices stabilizing amid COVID-19 pandemic
- LATEST: Ontario and Mississauga COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- City councillor furious after fire set in sports field in Mississauga
- Two residents fined for using closed skate park in Mississauga
- Trillium Health Partners announces visiting changes in response to COVID-19
- Mississauga's Trillium Health Partners About to Create New Jobs and Make Life Easier for Patients
- Trillium Health Partners temporarily instating no-visitor policy
- Health Canada approves new insulin to help manage diabetes in children
- Big Changes Have Come to the Emergency Room at Mississauga Hospital