New York-Based Fitness Company Opening Location in Square One in Mississauga
If you’re in the mood for something a little more luxurious, Square One typically has you covered.
And while the shopping centre’s more luxurious offerings—think Holt Renfrew, Kate Spade and Tory Burch—are relatively new to the mall’s diverse and growing retail portfolio, they’re seemingly growing larger.
Peloton, a New York-based tech and fitness company, recently announced that it’s bringing the “future of fitness” to the U.K. and Canada this fall.
Peloton Enters Canada with Retail Expansion @onepeloton #RetailInsider #Peloton #Expansion #Canada #Cycling #NYC #streaming #Live #Spin #Classes #Luxury #Stationary #Bicycles #retail #toronto #living #bicycle #spinning #streams #exerciseequipment pic.twitter.com/URelNqmlXM— RETAIL-INSIDER (@RetailInsider_) October 15, 2018
Square One recently tweeted about the news, confirming a recent Retail Insider piece that says the brand will be setting up shop in Square One and the nearby Yorkdale Shopping Centre.
“Peloton, the technology company that revolutionized the fitness industry with its category-creating indoor cycling bike and its recently announced Peloton Tread, shared plans for a major expansion that will introduce fitness enthusiasts abroad to its immersive and innovative platform,” the company wrote in a news release.
The company offers high-end stationary bicycles that can livestream spin classes.
At a time when people are happily dropping $30 or more a class at SoulCycle, it seems now is a good time to bring a luxurious piece of interactive exercise equipment to a fitness-hungry market that isn’t afraid to invest in fitness.
This initiative will mark the company’s first foray into the international marketplace.
You can check out a Peloton Bike below:
Canadians, it seems, are ready.
“Over 60 per cent of the $100+ billion dollar global fitness market is outside of the United States, and the UK is the world’s second largest market,” said Kevin Cornils, managing director, in a statement.
“We were increasingly hearing from potential members from the UK and Canada who were asking for the bike, so we listened and decided to launch the full offering, including retail showrooms, to bring them the same best-in-class experience as we’ve been building out in the US. I am excited to join the passionate team at Peloton that has been innovating the fitness market in the US, and help them continue that success around the globe.”
Peloton says Canadian customers can register their interest to be first in line for deliveries or just to receive further information here.
Will you be purchasing a luxurious exercise bike at Square One?
- New York-Based Company Opens Pop-Up Shop at Square One in Mississauga
- Massive Gym Brand Slated to Take Over Erin Mills Fitness
- GoodLife Fitness and Fit4Less clubs closing across Canada
- Mississauga gyms and fitness facilities offering online workouts during COVID-19 pandemic
- Popular and Luxurious Gym Coming to Mississauga For the First Time Ever
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Anti-masker's racist rant in Mississauga grocery store
- T&T CEO and Bonnie Crombie address racist tirade at Mississauga grocery store
- Man threatened staff at Mississauga clinic after being asked to wear a mask: Police
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 407 closed due to massive fire
- Potential COVID-19 exposure identified on flight from Pearson Airport in Mississauga