New York-Based Company Opens Pop-Up Shop at Square One in Mississauga
Have you noticed something new near H&M in Square One in Mississauga?
Something that might make you think "here's a good New Years Resolution?'
Square One has recently become known for its more luxurious offerings--think Holt Renfrew, Kate Spade and Tory Burch--and it's continuing the trend by welcoming a pop-up store that boasts very high-end exercise equipment.
Peloton, a New York-based tech and fitness company, recently announced that it's bringing the "future of fitness" to the U.K. and Canada—and now its new pop-up shop is now open at Square One.
"Peloton, the technology company that revolutionized the fitness industry with its category-creating indoor cycling bike and its recently announced Peloton Tread, shared plans for a major expansion that will introduce fitness enthusiasts abroad to its immersive and innovative platform," the company wrote in a news release.
The company offers high-end stationary bicycles that can livestream spin classes.
At a time when people are happily dropping $30 or more a class at SoulCycle, it seems now is a good time to bring a luxurious piece of interactive exercise equipment to a fitness-hungry market that isn't afraid to invest in fitness.
This initiative will mark the company's first foray into the international marketplace.
You can check out a Peloton Bike below:
Canadians, it seems, are ready.
"Over 60 per cent of the $100+ billion dollar global fitness market is outside of the United States, and the UK is the world's second largest market," said Kevin Cornils, managing director, in a statement.
"We were increasingly hearing from potential members from the UK and Canada who were asking for the bike, so we listened and decided to launch the full offering, including retail showrooms, to bring them the same best-in-class experience as we've been building out in the US. I am excited to join the passionate team at Peloton that has been innovating the fitness market in the US, and help them continue that success around the globe."
Peloton says Canadian customers can register their interest to be first in line for deliveries or just to receive further information here.
As for how long the pop-up will stay open, Square One says the shop will remain functional into 2019.
Will you be purchasing a luxurious exercise bike at Square One?
- New York-Based Fitness Company Opening Location in Square One in Mississauga
- GoodLife Fitness and Fit4Less clubs closing across Canada
- Massive Gym Brand Slated to Take Over Erin Mills Fitness
- A Limited-Time Fitness Event is Happening at Square One in Mississauga
- Mississauga gyms and fitness facilities offering online workouts during COVID-19 pandemic
- Top 5 Biggest Parks in Mississauga
- Police ticket street racers and spectators at mall parking lot in Mississauga
- Air Canada revising refund policy with cancelled flight options
- House of the Week: $3.1 mil Mississauga Road home overlooking ravine
- Popular American chicken joint goes international, opening new locations in Ontario