New wedding venue option has couples asking ‘wine’ not?
If you've ever planned a wedding, you'll know it comes with a great deal of stress. This spring, there was an added level: COVID-19.
While the pandemic has been hard on everyone, it's been especially hard on those planning spring weddings this year.
Due to province-mandated closures, most couples had to either cancel or postpone their weddings.
However, while it appears--at least for now--large gatherings are out of the question, some couples could choose to celebrate their wedding at a winery.
Three Ontario wineries announced they are offering wedding packages for couples looking to get married--for just one day only.
Jackson-Triggs Niagara Estate Winery, Inniskillin Niagara Estate Winery, and Sandbanks Winery are all offering all-inclusive wedding packages available only for August 1.
“While traditional wedding plans may have been stifled, we’re here to help couples achieve their dreams in a safe, uncomplicated way that is still breathtaking and unforgettable,” Andrea Hunt, EVP of marketing at Arterra Wines Canada, said in a news release.
“These simple yet elegant options at the estates offer a wonderful and memorable backdrop for nuptials, helping brides and grooms tie the knot despite these exceptional times," she continued.
Each package--which is intentionally different from a more traditional wedding format--includes a two-hour window for up to 20 guests and comes with an officiant, a photographer, wedding confections, a charcuterie platter, set up and VQA wine.
Best of all, couples who may have been stressing about the costs of their special day will be relieved to learn each package costs just $1,999 per couple.
- COVID-19 puts wedding season on indefinite hiatus
- 5 Wedding Photoshoot Spots Near Mississauga
- Ontario eases restrictions on wedding and funeral ceremonies, not receptions
- PHOTOS: A Look at Historic Wedding Fashions in Peel
- Census Reveals That Gay Couples are Out-Earning Straight Pairs in Mississauga and Beyond
- PHOTOS: Intersection gets a fun makeover in Mississauga
- One arrested, two suspects sought for carjacking of mother and three year old daughter in Mississauga
- Super cute pastry café now open at Square One in Mississauga
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Peel
- More parkland is coming to one of Mississauga’s busiest neighbourhoods