NEW VIDEO: Police Release New Footage of Suspects in Bombay Bhel Restaurant Bombing in Mississauga
Police have released a new video of suspects reportedly fleeing from the site of the Bombay Bhel restaurant explosion that occurred on Thursday, May 24 around 10:30 p.m..
Judging by the recently released video, one of the suspects appears to have nearly been struck by a vehicle at the Thornwood Drive and Forum Drive intersection.
You can see the video, courtesy of Peel Regional Police, below:
Police are appealing to the driver of this or any other vehicle who may have been in the area at the time, to contact them.
Police say they will be canvassing the public from the command post located at Thornwood Drive and Forum Drive from the evening of Thursday, May 31 to the morning of Friday, June 1.
Investigators will also be at the command post should anyone have any information to pass along in relation to the blast.
Peel police say investigators have officially completed processing the scene of a bombing.
The incident, which took place when 30 people were dining in the establishment, sent 15 people to hospital.
In a press release earlier this week, Supt. Rob Ryan said that while original reports of the suspects indicated they were both men, investigators now believe at least one of the suspects may be a woman.
The first suspect is described as approximately 5’10” to 6 feet tall with a stocky build. The suspect was wearing dark pants, a dark coloured hoodie pulled over head and a baseball cap. The face was covered with dark material.
The second suspect is described as approximately 5’10” to 6 feet tall with a medium build. This suspect was wearing blue jeans, a dark coloured hoodie pulled over head and the face was covered with dark material.
The suspects immediately fled eastbound on foot.
Police have also provided a photo of the suspects and a map of the escape route they took immediately after the incident:
Investigators are asking the public, particularly anyone who was in the area, to review the video, and call the hotline at 1-866-966-0616.
Information can also be left anonymously by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Mississauga Uber Driver Arrested After Two Sexual Assault Incidents
- 5 “Haunted” Conspiracy Theories That Exist In Mississauga
- UPDATE on CLOSURE: Popular Japanese/Korean Restaurant in Mississauga Closed for Health Violations
- Top 5 Under the Radar Fish & Chip Joints in Mississauga
- Police Chasing Rogue Swan in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Police Set Up Task Force Following Bombay Bhel Restaurant Bombing in Mississauga
- Police Provide Update on Restaurant Bombing in Mississauga
- Victims in Mississauga Bombing Released From Hospital: Police
- Everything We Know So Far About the Restaurant Explosion in Mississauga
- Police Release Photos of Fraud Suspects