New vaccine clinics for education and childcare staff open in Mississauga, Brampton, Hamilton, Oakville and Pickering
Published January 8, 2022 at 10:34 am
The province has announced today (Jan. 8) additional vaccine clinics in the GTHA in an attempt to provide accelerated access to COVID-19 booster shots for education and childcare staff.
The 10 new clinics will administer booster doses and will operate seven days a week by appointment.
They opened at the following locations:
- Mississauga (6585 Airport Road)
- Brampton (239 Queen Street East)
- Hamilton (1241 Barton Street East, located near GameStop)
- Oakville (125 Lakeshore Road East)
- Pickering (1899 Brock Road, across from Mark’s)
- Toronto Downtown – Eaton Centre (218 Yonge Street, Unit 2-115, nearby Queen St entrance)
- Toronto – Midtown (2637 Yonge Street)
- Richmond Hill (1070 Major Mackenzie Drive East, Unit H4, near HSBC)
- Vaughan (170 Windflower Gate)
- Toronto Zoo – Administration Office (361 Old Finch Avenue)
“As we work to get children back to class, we are taking swift action to establish additional clinics – open seven days a week – that will provide further protection for Ontario’s school communities,” said Stephen Lecce, Minister of Education.
Education and childcare staff can book an appointment at the new clinics starting today, Jan. 8.
The Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Health are also working to make more rapid-antigen tests available to support child-care centres and schools when they return to in-person learning, the province says.
Schools and childcare centres remain closed throughout Ontario as part of the province’s current COVID-19 restrictions in response to high Omicron cases. However, government officials have indicated a desire to reopen schools sooner rather than later.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising