New Tropical Destination Available From Toronto This Winter
If you’re looking for a new beach getaway destination to escape Mississauga this winter, you’re in luck!
Sunwing is expanding its roster of tropical destinations from Toronto for the winter, and Cayo Largo, Cuba, is their most recent addition.
Sunwing is expected to be the only carrier to offer a flight between Toronto and Cayo Largo for the winter, a flight which will operate on Fridays between December 15, 2017, and April 13, 2018.
Cayo Largo is just off the coast of the Cuban mainland, with over 25 kilometres of beaches and 32 diving sites.
The island also has rich heritage, with over 20 sunken ships dating back to the 16th and 18th centuries, some of which can be explored on diving excursions.
As for accommodation packages on the island through Sunwing, there are bungalows resting on stilts at Sol Cayo Largo, calm, shallow waters at Hotel Pelicano, Playa Sirena beach near Iberostar Playa Blanca, and a more private, quiet vibe and a white-sand beach at Villa Iguana.
Sunwing now offers eight destinations from Toronto for the winter.
- Peel confirms COVID-19 outbreaks at two long-term care homes in Mississauga
- Outbreak at Mississauga long-term care home after staff member tests positive for COVID-19
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- Nearly 10 per cent of restaurants have had to close permanently due to COVID-19
- LATEST: Ontario up to 3,630 confirmed COVID-19 cases, with 248 in Mississauga
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- Discounted All-Inclusives for an Escape from Mississauga
- Mississauga Travellers Can Take Advantage of New Vacation Opportunities
- 5 Best tropical travel destinations outside Mississauga
- 5 Best winter getaways outside Mississauga