New Special Weather Statement Issued for Mississauga
Oh, the joys of winter.
Grab those shovels again.
More snow is on its way to Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Halton Hills, Mississauga, Brampton, and Caledon on Friday.
A special weather statement was issued by Environoment Canada at 4:44 a.m.
"At this point, it appears that total snowfall amounts will be fairly modest in the 4 to 8 cm range, with perhaps 10 cm possible in one or two localities by this evening," the statement reads.
Expect a messy afternoon commute.
"Motorists should plan extra time to reach their destination due to poor winter driving conditions from accumulating snow on untreated roads, and occasional reduced visibility in snow," the statement continues.
Here's the good news: snow is expected to taper off this evening.
Friday's predicted high is -5C with a risk of freezing drizzle tonight and an expected low of -10C.
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Police discover remains of deceased infant in basement of Hamilton home
- Peel District School Board issues apology for racially insensitive content on internal webpage for staff
- Mississauga pressing to enter red-zone on March 9
- Police searching for suspect in connection to stabbing in Mississauga