New Special Weather Statement Issued for Mississauga
Oh, the joys of winter.
Grab those shovels again.
More snow is on its way to Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Halton Hills, Mississauga, Brampton, and Caledon on Friday.
A special weather statement was issued by Environoment Canada at 4:44 a.m.
"At this point, it appears that total snowfall amounts will be fairly modest in the 4 to 8 cm range, with perhaps 10 cm possible in one or two localities by this evening," the statement reads.
Expect a messy afternoon commute.
"Motorists should plan extra time to reach their destination due to poor winter driving conditions from accumulating snow on untreated roads, and occasional reduced visibility in snow," the statement continues.
Here's the good news: snow is expected to taper off this evening.
Friday's predicted high is -5C with a risk of freezing drizzle tonight and an expected low of -10C.
- Mississauga retiree plans to buy car following big lotto win
- Police say body of what appears to be missing teen from Bradford, Ont., found
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of October 26 to 30
- Police investigating reports of woman being forced into vehicle in Mississauga
- Ontario reporting more than 1,000 new COVID-19 cases and nine new deaths