New sandwich restaurant opens in Mississauga
Mississauga is no stranger to shawarma restaurants, but one new restaurant appears to be bringing something new to the city's shawarma and sandwich scene.
The Hot Avocado, a brand new restaurant that recently opened its doors in the City Centre area, offers a new take on shawarma and offers more than traditional chicken, beef and falafel plates and wraps.
According to the restaurant's website, the brand is the first in Canada to introduce turkey shawarma, sojok sausage shawarma, and halloumi cheese shawarma to diners.
The website says the restaurant has fused traditional Mediterranean cooking with western cuisine to create "an explosion of flavours."
The menu is fairly unique and features a few western/European items to go along with its more creative Mediterranean offerings. Other menu items include a grilled vegetable panini, a chopped liver chicken sandwich, a poutine sandwich (you don't see that every day), a signature poutine, shawarma on the rocks and more.
The resto also serves fries, potato wedges, salad, and rice.
The Hot Avocado also offers catering services for parties and events.
Will you be grabbing a sandwich from the new resto soon?
Cover photo courtesy of The Hot Avocado’s official Facebook page
- Happy 99th birthday, Hazel - Hazel McCallion's photos through the years
- Police searching for sex trafficking offender known to frequent GTA
- Raptors’ superfan donates $150,000 for new basketball courts in Mississauga
- Raptors' superfan honoured by Basketball Hall of Fame
- House of the Week: $3 mil family home with jacuzzi
- Brand New Shawarma Restaurant Finally Coming to Shawarma Free Neighbourhood in Mississauga
- International Shawarma Joint Opens First Canadian Location in Mississauga
- Unique New Shawarma Restaurant Coming to Mississauga
- Brand New Seafood Restaurant Opens in Mississauga
- New Restaurant in Streetsville Serves Funnel Cakes