New Rental Apartment with Retail Space Planned for Mississauga
With Mississauga residents grappling with sky-high rental prices (a recent rentals.ca report finds that one-bedroom apartments cost tenants $1,933 a month, while two-bedroom units cost $2,232), any new rental stock is good news.
Recently, Boardwalk and RioCan announced plans for a mixed-use development in Mississauga.
The Remi Network says the new proposed development, which will include two 25 and 16-storey apartment towers and approximately 470 residential rental units, will also offer a "lavish retail podium."
According to the City of Mississauga, the development will take shape at 60 Bristol Road East. The development lands are located at the southeast corner of Hurontario Street and Bristol Road East.
The development makes sense, as the lands are located within what the city calls the Hurontario Street Intensification Corridor, which is considered an intensification area. The property will also be located along the new Hurtonario LRT line.
The LRT, once completed, will span 18 km and run from Port Credit GO at Lakeshore Rd. in the south to the Brampton Gateway Terminal at Steeles Ave in the north. The LRT will boast 19 stops and provide connections to the Port Credit and Cooksville GO stations, Mississauga Transitway, GO Transit's Milton line, Lakeshore West rail lines, MiWay and Zum transit lines.
Future in Mississauga growth will be primarily directed to the aforementioned intensification areas, so residents can expect such corridors to provide mixed-use areas, built to support frequent transit service and a variety of services and amenities.
"We're really excited about this new development in Mississauga," said Sam Kolias, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Boardwalk REIT said, as reported by The Remi Network. "This is all about our long-term strategy to reduce the average age of our rental properties and to diversify our portfolio on a balanced, measured basis."
The Remi Network says zoning approval is anticipated in early 2020.
The city says a public meeting regarding the development has been scheduled for the September 16
The apartment building is anticipated to be completed in 2023.
Photos courtesy of the City of Mississauga website
- A Brand New Rental Apartment is Under Construction in Mississauga
- Brand New Rental Apartment Coming to Mississauga
- Some Residents Fuming About Brand New Development Proposed for Mississauga
- Some Residents Concerned About Huge New Development Planned for Mississauga
- New Port Credit Development in Mississauga Could Include Grocery Store
- Employees at two pharmacies and a grocery store in Mississauga have tested positive for COVID-19
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- Mississauga man charged in connection with India call centre scam
- COVID-19 surge forcing paramedics to unload ambulances outside hospitals in Mississauga
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – December 3